A clean kitchen seems to be the most elusive thing I've ever encountered. I mean, I clean it to only get destroyed again. Now, to truly have a clean kitchen, I think I need a magical unicorn to live with us. But, until then, I'm sharing my tips here for a clean kitchen with bObi.
Here are my favorite tips for a clean kitchen if you have kids:
1. Never cook anything. I mean nothing. No cooking = no mess, right? If only possible. I start one thing, have to stop, before I know it I can't put things away. And, the tornado already hit.
2. Don't let your kids eat in the kitchen. I mean, eating = crumbs, spills, total disaster areas. I say, let's just eat outside, even in the middle of winter. Hey kids, snow suit time so we can go eat lunch.
3. Don't bother sweeping, you're just going to have to do it again in a few minutes anyway. Seriously. I think I've spent 50% of the last six years of my life sweeping my kitchen floor.
4. Lock the pantry. If they can't get in, they can't destroy the kitchen. #momhack
5. Walk through your kitchen with a blindfold on everyday so you can't see the mess. Hey, out of sight, out of mind, right?
Ok, those tips sound like a good idea, but they don't really solve many problems. Though, I should try the blindfold trick! Honestly, I've tried about every idea out there + my lifesaver is the bObi.
Here are the mess makers themselves. Good thing I found a solution to our kitchen floor problem. Because, we need to eat to survive. And, messes are inevetable because cooking + eating are involved with daily life, no getting around it.
When Breck was a baby, I tried a robotic vacuum because I thought it was a genius idea. However, I returned it. Breck screamed, cried, ran away from it. He was so scared of it. Like, truly frightened. Also, it wouldn't hold a charge long enough to clean my space + it was so loud I couldn't run it while he was napping. Also, I couldn't think while it was running. It was loud enough that it bothered me as well. So, I gave up on that great idea. But, I've been using the bObi for the past two months, and none of that applies to the bObi. I'm in love.
The bObi is quiet. It can run it while the kids watch a movie + they can still watch it no problem - in the same room even. bObi is part of our family, her name is Tilly the Trash Picker-Upper. Well, because my kids are obsessed with trash trucks, so her name had to center around that. See those finger prints on Tilly below? Well, Bridger has touched it while it has been running + has never been hurt or scared by Tilly.
If I can recommend anything to help you with your kitchen tornado disaster problem, the bObi is surely the way to go.